Last Updated on 21/08/2020 by blogbuddy
Before i tell you to get your Banting diet first let me clarify that it’s an just form of low carb diets which are nothing new. Everyone now a days following a low carb diet today, emphasizing meats, vegetables, and fruits, and avoiding sugar and starch.
The RMR Banting diet classifies foods as “green” (eat as much as you want; the compliant foods listed above), “orange” (eat moderately; there are special rules about these for each phase), “light red” (eat “hardly ever”), “really red” (never, ever eat; the non-compliant foods list above is from both “red” lists), and “grey” (it’s complicated).2
An Diet with precaution is must
“This diet claims people should avoid eating certain foods, like gluten and canned fruit which is consider very effective now a days. Although some nutrition experts recommend skipping this diet, as the it can lead to nutrient imbalances.”
Banting Diet is mostly divided into 4 phases.
- Observation: Understand “what the food you eat actually does to you.”
- Restoration: “Replenish nutrients and gut flora” by eating a medium-carb, sugar- and gluten-free diet.
- Transformation: This is the fat-burning stage, using a sugar-free, gluten-free, and low-carb diet.
- Preservation: This maintenance phase sticks with the sugar- and gluten-free diet, but adds “variable carb levels depending on the individual.”2
- Herbs, spices and herbal tea
- Meat, seafood, and eggs
- Some fermented foods
- Some dairy products
- Certain oils
- Most vegetables
- Any foods containing gluten
- Gluten-free grains, grain products, and flours
- Any foods containing added sugar
- Artificial sweeteners
- Seed and vegetable oils
When to Eat
While Banting diet prefers eating four slightly smaller than usual meals per day.Tim Noakes who is South African scientist, and an emeritus professor in the Division of Exercise Science and Sports Medicine at the University of Cape Town, says that you should only eat when you are hungry, and that you should eat mindfully, paying attention to your body’s hunger cues so that you stop when you feel full (not when your plate is empty).
Banting Diet :Benefits and Shortcomings
- Phased plan allows customization
- No carb or calorie counting
- Little scientific evidence
You will notice similarities between the Banting diet and other low-carb plans.
The Banting diet has a lot in common with other low carb plans. The Banting plan (at least as outlined in Real Meal Revolution) is about 5 to 10 percent carbohydrates (depends on the phase and each person’s individual response to carbs), 15 to 20 percent protein, and 70 to 75 percent fats.
Here are some of the similar diets.
- Keto Diet- Macro nutient range of carbs, protein, and fats on a ketogenic diet are about the same as Banting
- Paleo Diet– The paleo diet is about 20 percent carbs (so more than Banting), 40 percent fats, and 40 percent protein (again, significantly more than Banting).
- Sugar Busters Diet-he Sugar Busters diet creators suggest eating about 40 percent carbs (but these should from be high-fiber, low-glycemic foods), 30 percent fats, and 30 percent protein.
Disclaimer: Testimonials, case studies, and examples found on this page are results that have been forwarded to us by different sources and by seller of “Banting Cookbook” products and related products, and may not reflect the typical purchaser’s experience, may not apply to the average person and are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results.
This Article may contains affiliate link from which we may earn commission. hope readers will support us!